Saturday, November 5, 2011

Does Thelassemia trait exist in your red blood cells?

I have been a whole blood donor for more than nine years altogether now. And have contributed to my first ten gallon donation only a few years ago. I am satisfied that News10 does cooperative advertising with the Blood Source, because rewardingly that is how I really got started. Today, I have been to over three Sacramento locations to donate to the city of Sacramento my B- blood type so there will be enough blood plasma for transplant recipients and people with blood disorders.
The Blood Source teaches as well as they perform their pronounced job classifications. For example, their Intake Nurse, responsible for approving me a spinning tube; was separating the cells from the blood plasma with a spinning device known as a centrifuge and describing plain as light when borrowed.

More recently I have been invited to donate blood platelets and often known as triples, at the midtown Blood Source lab in Sacramento. I am acutely involved in the procedure today, but it's not a bother. The nurse phlebotomist does essentially everything the same as when you donate whole blood, but has really enjoys your presence because she has a close proximity enveloping due to the monitoring of your blood returns to your blood supply.

I am pleased I am only am walking distance away from the midtown lab and likewise luxuries lofts. You will agree the Blood bank will have your number and that to care for all others; all you really need is recovery and our help donating every seven days.

But donating blood components requires that you divest sometimes as much as 1 ½ to 2 hours of your time as you are hooked up to a machine that first receives your blood takes the components which are necessary and pumps the released blood back into your blood supply.

After your very first draw the law will be able to make some calculated determinations, like whether you have Hepatitis c, AIDS, cancer, or Thelassemia trait. Thelassemia trait is a condition in which sometimes your red blood cells namely are averse to collecting enough oxygen as they travel back and forth from the brain to your heart. This trait potential can be monitored but most Physicians believe it is due to poor circulation and deficiencies in Iron deposits.

I am thankful that after several batteries of test, my manifests suggest its okay to donate again.

No comments:

Post a Comment